A Message From Ginny
We've created loads of helpful resources to use as you are going through each chapter of the book:
- Each chapter has Driving Lessons for the parent and the child. You'll get a summary document with all the lessons together.
- Chapter One- Applying What You’ve Learned about Symptoms
- Chapter Two-Doing Your Own Research To Identify Treatment Options
- Chapter Three-Benefiting from “The Respite”
- Chapter Four-Collaborating with Professionals for Treatment and Aftercare Decisions
- Chapter 7-Control Factors in Parenting Through Addiction Toward Recovery
And we are throwing in some bonus content we think will be helpful on your journey
You can access two of our most helpful video Parent Guides
Balancing Boundaries with Compassion
Why Traditional Parenting Methods Don't Work with Addiction
Ginny helped save my family...
About the Author
Ginny H. Mills is a licensed clinical addiction specialist and licensed professional counselor with over 30 years of experience in behavioral health. She holds undergraduate and graduate degrees from Wake Forest University and has lived most of her life in North Carolina.
In addition to extensive experience in “front-line” counseling with adolescents and adults, Ginny also served on the NC Substance Abuse Professional Practice Board, served as the Chief Clinical Officer for the Partnership for a Drug-Free NC, and served as the Program Manager for a residential addictions program at the former Wake Forest University Baptist Behavioral Health. :)