You Can Reclaim Your Marriage, Your Family, Your Sanity From the Chaos Caused By Your Son or Daughter's Drug or Alcohol Use?
It Is Possible, and I've Helped Hundreds of Parents Do Just That and More!
Does This Sound Like You?
- You’re terrified of what these drugs are doing to your child’s brain.
- Your son or daughter has NO interest in seeking help.
- You've gotten them into treatment, but you're discouraged by their progress.
- You're scared to death that they may pay the ultimate price for their drug use.
- You're afraid their drug use is destroying Their Lives...Your Marriage....Your Family...Your Sanity.
Hi, I'm Ginny Mills. If any of this sounds like what you are experiencing, then I have a special offer to share with you.
Weekly, online parent support meeting with me and other parents just like you
120 plus hours of empowering education on how to respond to your child's drug use
You'll get one FREE, one hour, 1on1 live consultation session with me or one of our professional addiction specialist
I'll send you a copy of my book Parenting Through Your Adult Child's Addiction
Welcome to Parenting Through Addiction
When you try PTA by Sunday at midnight, you'll be part of a community of parents that understand exactly what you're going through. Plus, you'll get a bonus, free consulatation session with me to share your unique family situation and get my guidance on how to respond.
100% money back quarantee if you are not completely satisfied!
I Want You To Realize
This Is Not Your Fault!
I'm an addiction professional, and my own daughter spent four long years struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. She hid her addictive using so well that we couldn't figure out what was at the root of so much chaos...so many problems.
She finally realized this was not the path she wanted to follow, and we are thankful that she is now four years into sustained recovery. So, if this can affect our family, it can happen to any of us. The key difference is I knew what to do to not make her situation worse and how to help when she was ready.
Opioid Abuse Is On The Rise. It Is Now The Leading Cause of Death In Adults Under 50!
Here are some things that might surprise you about opioids!
Not everyone experiences sedation with opioid use. In fact, for many people, opioids provide an energizing boost that helps them be more productive and engaged with work.
- The drug dentists and physicians prescribe every day for mild to moderate pain management, Vicodin or hydrocodone, is in the same drug class with heroin.
- Heroin can be used in other ways besides injecting with a syringe. It can also be snorted or smoked. Most first-time heroin users snort or smoke heroin rather than injecting it.
- Not all those who develop opioid addiction had a history of abusing other substances. In fact, many who develop opioid addiction never abused other drugs, may have been able to consume alcohol successfully, and might have never acquired opioids without a legitimate prescription.
In my 30 years of providing support to parents, I've learned that what parents really want is to know what these drugs are doing to their son's or daughter's brains and to learn about strategies and resources to help them.
PARENTING THROUGH ADDICTION
I created Parenting Through Addiction with you in mind because I know that your instincts are to love, provide, protect, nurture and rescue your child---even if that child is an adult whose behavior has been infuriating, terrifying or unacceptable. You know that this is NOT how you raised them to behave, yet they either seem hell-bent on self destruction or finally open to getting the help you know they desperately need. Either way, you have your own desperation for learning how to save them from drugs, alcohol or themselves.
Parenting Through Addiction is a membership community offered to parents with
a son or daughter struggling with drug or alcohol misuse. Inside you'll find:
- 1Over 120 hours of video education. So you can learn from an addiction specialist in the privacy of your own home.
- 2Daily inspirational emails written by parents for parents.
- 3Weekly online, HIPAA-compliant group meetings with other parents experiencing the same issues you're living through with their own sons and daughters. Participate from anywhere...home, work or while traveling.
- 4The option to receive one-on-one, private consultation with an addiction specialist who can guide your family through this journey toward a full life in recovery. It always helps to have personalized guidance and direction.
What's Inside PTA and Why You Need It
- Five, in-depth video education courses
If you aren't sure if your son or daughter's drug use is really addiction, we'll help you better understand how to answer that question. (You're Not Sure It's Addiction course)
If you're clear that your child has addiction and needs treatment but isn't ready to accept help, we'll help you take action steps in the meantime. (Getting From Addiction to Admission course)
If you are unsure of what comes next after residential treatment, we'll help you understand the importance of aftercare in your son's or daughter's recovery journey (Families Recover: The First Year course)
- Thirty-six Parent Guides on topics requested by parents like you
Short videos about important topics such as:
Parent Guide to Exploring Insurance Coverage for Treatment
Parent Guide to Medication Assisted Treatment
Parent Guide to Balancing Boundaries with Compassion
Parent Guide to Understanding the Twelve Steps
- Treatment matching
Choosing a treatment program can be a daunting task. There are so many programs and it's hard to know which one to choose. We'll help you narrow the choices to a few customized options based on your child's needs, preferences and family's resources. We do not provide treatment, so we offer unbiased opinions.
- A Dose of Hope podcast
Short, inspirational recordings of our daily email devotionals. These help you realize that you are not alone and there is hope for a full life in recovery.
- Weekly Endurance meeting
Every Thursday night I gather the tribe online, using Zoom for couple of hours of education, fellowship and Q/A. Here's your chance to network and learn from parents just like you from the comfort of your own home.
Plus....I'll send you a copy of my book
"The insights and information in this book helped me move from free floating anxiety to a basic understanding of what's involved in recovery. Most people with a friend or family member suffering from addiction could profit from reading this primer, but it is designed especially for families actively seeking professional guidance. Instead of quoting experts, internet links are provided, so there's a lot more content than you might expect in a relatively short book."
Gloria F., NC
What People Are Saying About Parenting Through Addiction
"I can’t begin to tell you how much Ginny helped my husband and I through this experience. We have had many counselors throughout the years and Ginny, by far, has been the most helpful to us, as parents."
"Ginny Mills and her staff are extremely caring and helpful. They know what it is like to feel lost, scared, and not know where to turn for help for addiction. They look at each situation, what the immediate needs are, and develop a plan.... Ginny helped save my family and gave us hope again."
“Ginny Mills and her staff provided our family with an incredible amount of compassion, support and professionalism. She provided us with clear guidance based on her extensive knowledge and experience.
Ginny was recommended to our family and it turned out to be one of the best calls that we have ever made. It is a journey, but with Ginny's guidance, we now have hope.”
Larry M Parent
Parenting Through Addiction is helping parents like you to learn, heal, and know how to respond to your adult child’s substance user issues. You will discover the help you need to continually love, provide, protect, nurture, and stop rescuing your child. You will find the tools you need to make a positive difference in your son or daughter’s journey toward recovery. When you succeed, you get your REAL son or daughter back in your life (not this impostor created by addiction.)
More Comments From Real Parents and Members of PTA
“Ginny brings warmth, strength, and hope to the most difficult circumstances. She doesn't give false hope or sugar coat a situation, instead, using her profound knowledge and ability to communicate clearly with love, she lays out a plan and walks with you toward better days. The advice she gives is not always easy to hear. Her directions are not always easy to take, however, she patiently encourages until progress is consistent. Most amazingly, Ginny has a unique ability to give hope to the hopeless and bring them to a place where they can once again love themselves. I can recommend Ginny without reservation."
Linda B Parent
GINNY MILLS, MAEd,
About The Founder,Ginny Mills
Ginny has been counseling with adults, adolescents, and parents and leading relapse prevention groups for over 25 years. She is the founder of Full Life Counseling & Recovery since its inception in 2008. Recognizing just how many parents lack access to hope, education, consultation and support, she developed Parenting Through Addiction: The Other PTA to meet that need for families everywhere. Click here to learn more about Ginny and the consulting team
Why counselors keep telling you to "get help for yourself"
We know. You are not the one with problem. Your son gets high, not you (well, probably not). You grasp that the drugs are causing problems for your daughter, but they are her problems, right?! Oh really. Hmmm. I'm guessing that HER problems have become YOUR problems LOTS of times! If you're like most parents, your child's legal, medical, academic, financial problems have certainly caused problems in your life, and we bet you're tired of it!
Your body and mind were not created with the expectation that you will live in a constant state of fear and high-alert. Adrenalin and cortisol are supposed to give you bursts of energy to react to immediate threats, but when you live with high-Adrenalin and high-cortisol levels most of the time, it takes a serious toll on your body.
Treatment Center Family Programs are Great, but They are Limited too!
Many treatment programs offer great opportunities for families to learn about addiction, communication, boundaries and recovery. You may have attended several and therefore think you've learned what you need to know. But just like rehab alone is not enough to ensure stable recovery, neither are family programs. Our "Families Recover: The First Year" course will help you navigate the distinctive challenges of the first year of recovery. And just like you want your son or daughter to keep going to meetings and doing their recovery work, we hope you'll participate in our weekly Endurance Meeting to keep learning, connecting and finding comfort in the realization that you are not alone and your experiences are shared by so many other families.
Some Resources are More Accessible and More Affordable than Others
We know that there are a number of opportunities for you to get the information, support and guidance you need. Although Parenting Through Addiction is one way, there are others.
- 12-step resources for family members affected are available in nearly every community, and they are free.
- There are many great books that you can read to learn some of the same material found in our parent guides. You may find some, like David Sheff's book Clean, or daily devotionals at your local library.
- You may be able to find a local counselor who understands addiction and recovery from a parent perspective (but sometimes it is hard to know). Hourly appointment fees range from $100-200/session.
- Our weekly Endurance Meeting allows you to connect for both support and education from home, while traveling, or if you're uncomfortable attending a local meeting.
- Our online courses and parent guides offer information in video, audio and text format in smaller, easier to digest segments. You can go back and review key lessons again and again to help you stay focused on doing your part for your child's recovery.
- Our daily devotionals are written by parents, for parents.
- Online library of lessons are available 24/7, and meetings and consultation sessions are available after work.
- Education & Community memberships offer access for a whole month for less than 1/2 the cost of a single local session.
- Private consultations offer individualized, personalized services for about the same as local sessions.
- Confidential, videoconferencing allows engagement in meetings and private consultations by co-parents that may be in different locations. This improves the likelihood of continuity and collaboration for effective parenting through addiction towards recovery.
You Don't Need to Join PTA If...
- Your child has chosen recovery and sustained abstinence for more than 2 years
- Your relationship with your child has been healed as a result of their recovery
- Your marriage has been healed following the disruption of loving a child through addiction toward recovery
- Your child is incarcerated and will be for at least another year
- Your recovering child has cleaned up most of the "wreckage" from their years of active addiction
- You can't afford the membership fee
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
You are fully protected by our 100% Satisfaction-Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience at Parenting Through Addiction, just let us know and we will gladly refund your investment for the last 30 day period of your membership.
Ginny Mills and the PTA Team
Frequently Asked Questions
I know my son is using, and there have been SOME problems, but how can I know if this is really addiction? If it's not, is this site really for me?
We know that not all substance use results in addiction, but when it does, we advocate for early treatment (rather than waiting for the proverbial "rock bottom"). The FREE mini-course will help you draw some conclusions about whether use has likely progressed to addiction -- or at least if it has progressed enough to warrant engaging the services of a professional to offer further assessment. Even if use is not yet addictive, you may find that having more information and support from other parents helps until it's clear one way or another. You will find other parents in similar situations in the Thursday night Endurance Meeting.
I'm kind of confused. So, is this counseling, or what?! Exactly what is this?
No, PTA is an education and consultation membership site, not counseling. While our consultants are also professional counselors, our role here is different. PTA provides an affordable, accessible, convenient way online for parents to learn about substance use and how to address it at all stages on the journey. There are online courses with video lessons and other resources by topic; inspirational and hopeful engagement; resources to help with treatment selection; and an opportunity to engage with other parents on the journey. Even the private consultations offered are not therapy. Consultants collect information about each family situation and offer solutions and resources to match identified needs.
My daughter has been to the same treatment center 3 times, and it just didn't work. Why should I even consider spending all that money again?
Treatment centers are like colleges, churches and Rotary Clubs. They may all study some of the same things, but they can vary a LOT depending on the culture, the values of the leadership, where they are located, and what kinds of facilities and services they offer. Sometimes treatment doesn't work because it's a bad fit for the patient, and sometimes it doesn't work because the patient is not yet willing enough to learn about addiction and to do the very hard work of recovery. If your son (or you) balked at aftercare recommendations, then that could explain why treatment didn't work. Our Parent Guide to Understand Rehab, Parent Guide to Choosing Treatment, and my book explaining the importance of aftercare could be very helpful. Other parents in the Endurance meeting can be helpful as well.
Here is what your life CAN look like
Imagine if you could have your REAL son or daughter back in your lives (not this imposter)
Imagine being able to celebrate all those milestones you expected to celebrate --- graduations, weddings, births and multi-generational family celebrations
Imagine a happy, carefree family vacation with all your loved ones ~ full of laughter, joy and love.
Imagine going on vacation with your husband with no worries of what will happen while you are away.
Imagine being able to celebrate your son or daughter’s recovery success AND their life success (just like all the other parents)
Imagine curling up on the couch listening to your son or daughter express recognition of the ways in which their drug use and their behavior hurt you and expressing gratitude for your willingness to help and not give up on them
Imagine your son or daughter reassuring you over and over that this is not your fault and knows that you loved them and raised them well
Imagine being able to talk with your son or daughter about practically anything without walking on eggshells
Imagine being able to rest easy with the confidence that your son or daughter is making wise and healthy decisions
Imagine your heart not skipping a beat every time the phone rings.
I've helped hundreds of families return to their desired life.
Let me help yours!
Don't forget our 100% money back guarantee!