Get Our Free Course
"You're Not Sure It's Addiction"
Does this sound like you?
- You've watched your son's or daughter's substance use go from "typical" to "troublesome" to "scary."
- You don't want to think it's that bad, but every time you think things are improving, there's another crisis.
We know that not all substance use progresses towards addiction, yet parents who discover substance use by their teens and young adults are alarmed and eager to take action.
This course helps parents take action:
- By learning about substance use and the brain
- Identifying and reducing enabling behaviors
- Learning to actively take care of themselves
While there is no blood test, scan or x-ray to definitively diagnose addiction in its early stages, strategies taught in this course can make it a little easier to tolerate the test of time until the answer is more clear to the big question – Is this addiction? In this course, parents learn how to respond appropriately during that time of uncertainty.