- You've watched your son's or daughter's substance use go from "typical" to "troublesome" to "scary."
- You've tried every parenting strategy in your toolbox, but frankly, nothing has worked.
- You've explored programs or treatment options, but you're overwhelmed and confused.
- You don't want to think it's that bad, but every time you think things are improving, there's another crisis.
"Ginny Mills and her staff are extremely caring and helpful. They know what it is like to feel lost, scared, and not know where to turn for help for addiction. They look at each situation, what the immediate needs are, and develop a plan.... Ginny helped save my family and gave us hope again."
In Parenting Through Addiction, you will discover:
- Daily Devotional email written by parents, for parents
- Inspirational posts on private Facebook group
- Information on private Facebook group about how to advocate for treatment & recovery policy changes
- Powerful insights from young adults in recovery, treatment centers and from other parents gathered from surveys
Education & Resources
- Family education courses for parents at all stages on the journey ~ from discovery all the way through to recovery
- eBook on Understanding Addiction Treatment & Aftercare
- Video Parent Guides on topics chosen by parents
- Eligibility for customized treatment matching services based on your child's needs, preferences and resources
- Invitation to a closed Facebook group
- Weekly live, online parent groups
- Eligibility to participate in family retreats
- Eligibility for LIVE, online consultation sessions with an assigned family recovery consultant
- Individualized assistance with matching your son's or daughter's needs, preferences and resources with appropriate resources
- Individualized assistance identifying local resources for parents
About the Founder: Ginny Mills, MAEd,LPC-S, LCAS
Ginny has been counseling with adults, adolescents, and parents and leading relapse prevention groups for over 25 years. She is the founder of Full Life Counseling & Recovery since its inception in 2008. Recognizing just how many parents lack access to hope, education, consultation and support, she developed Parenting Through Addiction: The Other PTA to meet that need for families everywhere. Click here to learn more about Ginny and the consulting team
Answers to some frequently asked questions from parents like you
I'm kind of confused. So, is this counseling, or what?! Exactly what is this?
I know my son is using, and there have been SOME problems, but how can I know if this is really addiction? If it's not, is this site really for me?
I must admit that I'm pretty anxious about privacy and confidentiality. How can I know that people won't "air our dirty laundry" or otherwise break my confidentiality? What if someone knows me in the private Facebook group or tells someone else I'm on here?
My daughter has been to the same treatment center 3 times, and it just didn't work. Why should I even consider spending all that money again?
What People Are Saying
“Ginny brings warmth, strength, and hope to the most difficult circumstances. She doesn't give false hope or sugar coat a situation, instead, using her profound knowledge and ability to communicate clearly with love, she lays out a plan and walks with you toward better days. The advice she gives is not always easy to hear. Her directions are not always easy to take, however, she patiently encourages until progress is consistent. Most amazingly, Ginny has a unique ability to give hope to the hopeless and bring them to a place where they can once again love themselves. I can recommend Ginny without reservation."
Ginny Mills and her staff provided our family with an incredible amount of compassion, support and professionalism. She provided us with clear guidance based on her extensive knowledge and experience.
Ginny was recommended to our family and it turned out to be one of the best calls that we have ever made. It is a journey, but with Ginny's guidance, we now have hope.
Get Instant Access to Parenting Through Addiction
If you are ready to get the support, education, coaching and resources your family needs to manage your life on this journey toward recovery, click the "Join Now" button, and we'll see you inside.
Join Parenting Through Addiction
Your membership Includes
Access for the whole family
- Daily inspirational devotional delivered by email or podcast
- Weekly online Endurance meetings for parents. It's a great place to connect with other parents who "get it."
- Access to our private Facebook group where you can connect with other parents.
- Over 120 hours of content (a $20,400 value) that will help you Parent Through Addiction.
- Short video parent guides on specific topics requested by our members.
- Parenting Through Your Adult Child's Addiction Book.
- Want More Support! PTA offers a Consultation Level Memberships to support your family. This membership includes two private consultations with one of our licensed addiction professionals each month and more . Click Here to learn more!
$49 / month
If you are not completely satisfied with your experience at Parenting Through Addiction, just let us know and we will gladly refund your investment for the last 30 day period of your membership.